Recipe: Portobello Mushroom Burger & Sweet Potato FriesBack To News
For the sweet potato fries:
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6
- Peel and chop 1-2 sweet potatoes into fry size batons.
- Toss sweet potato batons in a large bowl with just enough olive oil to coat them.
- Combine ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 2 tsp paprika, and ½ tsp chilli powder and sprinkle over sweet potato batons.
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet, being sure not to over-crowd them and bake for 20 mins, turning halfway through.
For the mushroom burgers, preheat grill to high.
- Cut the stems off the Portobello mushrooms and make tiny holes in the caps using the tip of a knife.
- Finely slice beef tomatoes.
- Combine 4 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Chop 2-3 cloves of garlic finely and add to olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Brush the Portobello caps and tomato slices with a generous amount of the oil mixture.
- Arrange the Portobello caps, rounded side down, on grill pan and grill on both sides for about 3-6 minutes until nicely browned and soft.
- Arrange tomatoes, basil leaves, lettuce leaves, and Portobello mushrooms on burger buns and serve with sweet potato fries.